This proposal was developed in Hobart on 28 June 2014.
The museum of southern memory is a virtual institution that includes a network of individuals and communities who sustain the memory of practices or lives that have been marginalised through the process of development. The argument is that memory cannot be realised just in the archive or monument. It needs witness to give presence to what has been lost. To contribute see Facebook page or leave comment below.
Sources of inspiration
- Andalucia’s Museum of Memory
- Eloisa Cartonera
- Julie Gough
- Marcelo Brodsky’s video Memory Bridge
- Parque de la Memoria, Buenos Aires
- Roseanne Bartley Seeding the Cloud
- Suzanne de Lacy Skin of Memory project in Medellin, Colombia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.