Information about papers for the upcoming VI Southern Connection Congress have been released. The conference will be held in Bariloche, Argentina form 15-19 February 2010. Confirmed speakers include:
- William Bond, University of Cape Town, South Africa
“Reinterpreting plant traits and the geography of vegetation with fire”
- Richard Hobbs, School of Environmental Science, Murdoch University, Australia “Invasive species and global change: novel ecosystems and their implications for conservation and restoration”
- Peter Lockhart, Allan Wilson Center for Molecular Ecology and Evolution,
Massey University, New Zealand
"Using new sequencing technologies to investigate species radiations in the New Zealand alpine flora"
- Jérôme Munzinger, Laboratoire de Botanique et d’Ecologie Appliquées, Herbarium Nou, New Caledonia
- “New Caledonia flora, and talk about questions about the gondwanian origin”
- Imanuel Noy-Meir, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
"Southern semi-arid lands: management and conservation"
- Victor Ramos, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
"Late Cenozoic uplift of the Patagonian Andes and the beginning of the glaciation"
- Ricardo Villalba, IANIGLA-CONICET, Argentina
“The Antarctic Oscillation: A common forcing of climate variations in temperate regions of the Southern Hemisphere”
- Rory Wilson, Swansea University, Wales UK
“Surfing southern ocean currents; a perspective on seabird tracks through 3-d space”